What Is Medicare?
Medicare is a national health insurance program administered by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services of the U.S. federal government. It provides health insurance for Americans aged 65 and older who have worked and paid into the system through the payroll tax. It also provides health insurance to younger people with some disabilities, as well as people with end stage renal disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Hospital care – covers inpatient hospital, skilled nursing facility care, and long-term care
- Skilled nursing facility care – Medicare-covered services include, but aren’t limited to:
- Semi-private room (a room you share with other patients)
- Skilled nursing care
- Physical and occupational therapy (if they’re needed to meet your health goal)
- Speech-language pathology services (if they’re needed to meet your health goal)
- Medical social services
- Medical supplies and equipment used in the facility
- Ambulance transportation (when other transportation endangers health) to the nearest supplier of needed services that aren’t available at the SNF
- Dietary counseling
- Nursing home care -may cover care in a certified skilled nursing facility (SNF).
- Hospice – is usually given in your home, but it also may be covered in a hospice inpatient facility.
- Home health services
How Can We Help You?
It has never been easier to obtain Medicare coverage